Article by: capetownetc.com
A post circulating on social media, is warning the Milnerton community to be extra vigilant for break-ins after a dog was poisoned in Ceres Road.
Karin Stuart posted about the incident on a local Facebook group. Her mixed-breed dog had consumed pieces of poisoned vienna sausage placed in their front garden. She found some of the sausages with opaque granules inside them.
Fortunately, the dog was rushed to Panorama Animal Hospital and is doing well after an overnight stay. She reported the incident to the Milnerton Crime Watch who said that the family had now been targeted for a break-in. She said they were trying to find CCTV footage to possibly identify those who placed the sausages in her garden.
“I am really scared now. For myself and for my family and our animals safety,” she said in the post.
Cape Town experienced a rise in dog poisonings last year. Those poisoned intentionally are usually guard dogs who are outside at night. Bunglers poison the dog to allow for easier access to the property.
If your dog has been poisoned and it is after work hours, there are only four vets in the city to take them to:
Panorama Animal Hospital – 021 930 6632
Cape Animal Medical Centre – 021 674 0034
Belmont Road Veterinary Clinic – 021 685 7750
Tygerberg Animal Hospital Bellville – 021 91 911 91
Related News Articles
Western Cape, Durbanville
Posted Oct 10, 2019 to Pet News
Western Cape, Cape Town
Posted Oct 09, 2019 to Pet News